No matter what type of gaming headset you use, it can at times, cause problems to pair with a particular device or console.
If you are using a new pair of gaming headsets and wondering how to use usb headset on PS4, then in this post, we will be covering all the steps you need to connect your headsets with PS4.
How to use USB headset on PS4
Coming to Sony’s PlayStation, it comes with two main variants; the PS3 and PS4. Since the majority of gamers prefer PS4 over PS3, there are still many basic features that users are not familiar with.
From the sound settings to audio output, setting up external speakers, or connecting it with a pair of headset.
All these things need to be figured out correctly. If you are not sure how to connect your headset with PS4, then by the end of this guide, you will exactly know how to do so.
Related: Best Soundbar Under 50
Method No. 1
This method is probably the easiest one of all. In the majority of cases, you can simply plug in your gaming headset with your PC and it will pair up automatically.
However, it still depends on the model of your gaming headset that you are using.
Its specs and features play an eminent role in seamless pairing or connectivity.
Therefore, you need to make sure that your system is equipped with the latest drivers otherwise your headset won’t work properly.
Once you are sure that all necessary drivers are installed, what you need to confirm is that whether or not your PC is connected to your headset and accessing both; audio input as well as an audio output for your headset.
In most cases, this process is automated, meaning you don’t have to perform any step manually for it.
Things to remember
- If you still experience any technical problems then you can easily fix them by clicking on the speaker icon located on the bottom right corner of your screen. However, you need to be extra careful while performing this step.
- You need to click on the appropriate device otherwise it won’t connect correctly.
- Apart from that, check the Discord app as well. You need to confirm if it is working correctly or not.
- Similarly, you can double-check on the sound settings as well.
Using built-in apps and software
By following the method mentioned above, you can easily connect any gaming headset with your PC.
However, if you are using more high-end gaming headsets that come with their apps to customize the audio and other default settings, then you need to adjust the settings in these apps as well.
You need to first download the app on your computer and set it up before changing the default settings.
In some headsets, using their apps is not mandatory.
It is optional and you are not required to install it if you don’t mind using the default settings of your gaming headset.
However, if you are using your headset for professional use such as for competitive games and live streams, then it is recommended to use the app and adjust the bass and other features settings.
This will help you to achieve crystal clear sound that’s synonymous with more high-end gaming sets.
Method No. 2
Unlike other popular gaming consoles, Sony’s PlayStation 4 is one such platform which comes with allows its users to opt for several different methods to connect their headset with their console.
Therefore, when you try to connect your headset to your console, you get a minimum of two different options.
The first option available to connect your headset with PS4 is through its controller.
The second option that is available for PS4 users is to attach their headset via their console.
However, unlike connecting a gaming headset with a PC or any other gaming console, connecting it with PS4 can be a bit tricky.
Therefore, we recommend following every single step mentioned below.
- If you are using a gaming headset that offers a standard 3.5mm connection, then what you need to do is simply insert it inside the opening available at the base of your controller.
- After plugging in your headset with the controller, the next thing you need to do is open your device’s setting option, and go to Devices main page and choose Audio Devices.
- Finally, switch Output to headset.
Things to remember
At times, this is done automatically and you don’t have to do anything manually.
In such cases, you can skip this step and move on to the next step.
However, if the default settings are different then what you need to do is adjust these settings beforehand.
- If you are using a headset that comes with a mic, then you need to change the default input settings as well.
- Next, set Headphones with All Audio. This is one of the final steps and now all you need to do is double-check the Switch Output option.
- For gaming headsets that come with a USB cable, you can opt for the same method. Moreover, for wireless ones, the procedure also remains the same.
- If you are using a pair of gaming headsets with an optical connection, then before going through all the steps listed above. Make sure to go back to the Sound page and choose Digital Out for the main Output Port.
- After completing this step, you can turn on your headset and check the audio.
To Sum Up
There is no doubt that gaming has become an inseparable part of our lives. Be it casual or pro gaming, investing in a powerful gaming console like PlayStation does wonders to your overall gaming experience. However, not every PlayStation model comes with similar features. And therefore, you need to invest in your gaming gears and accessories including headsets accordingly.
- Top 10 Cheapest VR Headset for VRChat [Guides & Reviewed in 2021] - February 25, 2021
- How to Clean Headset Pads | 10 Different WaysClean Your Pads - February 20, 2021
- How to Reset LG Bluetooth Headset | 2 Methods | Headset Reviews - February 19, 2021